One of our clients recently brought in the below “Recorded Deed Notice” solicitation and inquired about whether or not she was required to pay the fee to the solicitor to obtain a copy of her current deed.
We informed our client that she could obtain a copy of her deed on her own from the County Recorder’s office. The fee the County Recorder’s office will charge is considerably less.
Additionally, whenever our office prepares Trust Transfer Deeds for our clients, we record the deed(s) on behalf of the client and request that the County Recorder mail a copy of the recorded deed directly to the client. Therefore, if you have recently completed your estate plan with our office which included the execution of deeds that our office was to record on your behalf, you will receive the recorded deed from the County at no additional cost to you.
Following are links to the County Recorder for the counties of Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, San Mateo, San Francisco and Alameda.
- Santa Clara County Recorder’s Office – Purchasing Official Record Copies
- Santa Cruz County Recorder’s Office
- San Mateo County Recorder’s Office
- San Francisco County Recorder’s Office – Title Deed Request or San Francisco County Recorder’s Office – Obtain Copies of Recorded Deeds
- Alameda County Recorder’s Office Real Property Research Requests or Alameda County Recorder’s Office Ordering Copies of Official Records