- Where is the Shredding Event Taking Place? The Shredding Event will be held in the office parking lot located at 3425 S. Bascom Avenue in Campbell (see annotated map above). We request that you enter the event from Shelley Avenue and exit the event onto Bascom Avenue in a one-way fashion. WE ASK THAT YOU DO NOT EXIT YOUR VEHICLE WHILE YOU ARE IN THE QUEUE.
- Will I get help removing my shredding items from my vehicle? Yes. It would be helpful to have your items to be shredded placed in your trunk/back of vehicle in boxes or bags so that the staff can easily retrieve them for shredding without the need for you to exit your vehicle while you are in the queue. Please see the recommended size container below to help prevent items from being too heavy.
- Are Litherland, Kennedy & Associates doing the shredding? No, we have hired a professional shredding service to shred the items. They will be on-site for the duration of the event. Your items will be shredded on site and will not be taken away with the company. There is a camera in the truck, and there is a small monitor outside of the truck that allows people to see their papers being shredded.
- What size container should I use to bring my items in? Please bring your items in a box or bag that is sturdy enough not to break and is not too heavy for one of our team members to be able to lift out of your car. Good/appropriate examples would be a double-bagged paper grocery bag, a banker’s box (15″ x 12″ x 10″), a small book box (12″ x 12″ x 12″), or a small moving box (16-3/8″ x 12-5/8″ x 12-5/8″).
- What items are acceptable to shred? Most paper-based items are safe for shredding so long as they are not in contact with anything flammable. Don’t worry about separating items that have been stapled or paperclipped together, either; small metal items like paper clips can also be thrown in.
- What CANNOT go into the shredding containers? Electronics, batteries, X-rays, metal or plastic pieces (clasps), syringes, glass, cans, cardboard tubes, ink cartridges and toners, hanging folders, nuts and bolts, office supplies like hole punchers and staple removers, food, and waste.
- Will there be restrooms available? No, the office building will not be open for use during the shredding event.
- What is the cost for shredding? There is a suggested cash donation of $10 per box. All proceeds will be donated to the Alzheimer’s Association.
More questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.